Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What we want and What we say we want

What if I crawled up in a ball and laid in the room?
What would happen?
Your box staring back at me.
Your earthly remains held together by a clear plastic bag.
What am I being held together by?
Today my heart is flooded with the sound of old worship songs.
Songs that made us cry. Songs that softened our hearts and brought us to our knees.
You finally reached the end of the broken road you tread upon.
You cried telling me you had nothing. I asked you what you wanted. You said undergarments and clothes that fit. Plain t-shirts you said. Of course I thought.
I went to buy you all the things You said you wanted and I knew you would like. I even found the socks you talked about.
You didn’t get to wear all that I bought you before He called you home.
They sat folded on your dresser.
Now they belong to our oldest son.
I hope you liked them.

What a thing to think about right?

The things we say we want and the things we really want can be entirely different can’t they? Yeah, they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment